Don't have an Orem Library card?
To obtain an Orem Library card you must:
- Be 18 years old with a current government, school or employer issued photo ID that includes your full name OR at least 5 years old with a parent or legal guardian in attendance and able to sign the library card application (this parent or legal guardian must also have an Orem Library account and have photo identification present).
- Reside in Orem or Provo
- Nonresidents are required to pay a nonresident fee of $50 for six months or $100 for one year. Lindon, Vineyard, Alpine and Cedar Hills will reimburse a portion of that amount.
- Provide proof of current address
- Proof of address needs to be current and must be one of the following: driver's license, utility bill, car registration, checking/savings account statement, or rental receipt/agreement).
- If you don't have an Orem Library account and are a resident of Orem or Provo, you can preregister for a card by clicking here and choosing "New Library Account - Preregistration".
- To receive your library card after preregistration, you must complete your registration by presenting a current photo ID and proof of current address to the Library's circulation desk within 14 days. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must be present at the time of registration with their own photo ID and Orem Library card.
What is Available at the Library?
Orem Public Library has over 310,000 items in its collection. They include:
- Books, fiction and non-fiction, for readers of all ages
- Videos & DVDs, both entertainment and educational
- Electronic databases and Internet access
- Music on compact discs and audio tapes
- Books on tape and books on CD
- Magazines and newspapers
- Sheet music
How long can I keep items?
- Materials check out for three weeks with one three week renewal. Exceptions are:
- New, high demand items - 2 week checkout, no renewal
- Music CDs and cassette tapes - 2 week checkout, optional 2 week renewal
- DVDs/Videos - 1 week checkout, $1.00 fee
- DVDs/Videos with four or more discs - 2 week checkout, $.50 fee per disc, 1 week renewal
Most late materials are subject to a $.10 per day fine. Videos and DVDs are $.50 per day. A $5.00 late fee is added when an item becomes 30 days overdue. Charge for damaged or lost items is our cost to replace plus a $4.00 processing fee.
All but specifically marked items may be returned through our 24 hour drive-up book-drop, located on the north side of the Library. For further information, call 801-229-7050.
What if I can't find what I need?
- Requests may be placed on an item in the catalog that is checked out or is otherwise unavailable. To make a request, call 229-7175 or click on My Account.
- Provo Public Library allows Orem Public Library card users to register their card free of charge. The Provo Library website may be accessed at www.provo.lib.ut.us.
- Interlibrary Loan Service is available to Orem Library patrons for many items that Orem or Provo Library does not own. To make an Interlibrary Loan Request, click here, or call 229-7175.