The Orem Library Makerspace – A Library of Tools for the Creative D.I.Y.
Monday & Wednesday – 4:00 – 8:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday – 1:00 – 5:00pm
Friday – By Appointment
The Makerspace is a sub-library of the Orem Library where our community can access tools, equipment & software to enable their creativity and learn STE[A]M skills. It is an open lab where library patrons take full ownership of their creative projects and learn by making & experimenting. Whether you are 3D printing a prototype, digitizing old VHS or audio cassettes, editing a movie or recording a podcast, at the Orem Library Makerspace you can make it here.
The Makerspace Studio will need to be reserved at least 24 hours in advance by using the request form on the Studio webpage, by calling during Makerspace Open Lab hours (801-229-7277) or by emailing Matt Kammerer (email@example.com).
The Makerspace is open to the general public, but a valid adult Orem Library card is required to check out any equipment, and due to the high cost of many items will only be checked out to adult patrons.
For questions about a Makerspace service, equipment or studio, please view our Makerspace Guidelines and FAQ or call the Makerspace at 801-229-7277.
● GoPro HERO5 Black camera to record video at home or on the go
● GoPro HERO9 Black camera to record video at home or on the go
● GoPro Accessories Kits for additional mounts & accessories for your GoPro checkouts
● Video Production Kit with Moment® lenses to record video at home on your phone
● DJI OM5 Kit to stabilize your smartphone video
● Ulanzi RGB LED Video Light Kit to light your film and photo shoots
● LUMI Keys – Studio Edition to learn piano with your iPad or compose music in your DAW (digital audio workstation)
● ROLI Seaboard Block Studio to compose & perform music in your DAW
● Akai MIDI USB keyboard for recording music on your home DAW
● Launchpad S controller to perform music in the Ableton Live DAW
● Samson G Track Pro studio microphone to record vocals at home
● Samson Go Mic USB condenser microphone to record vocals at home
● Cassette to Digital Kit with Arsvita Cassette/MP3 player for digitizing your audio cassette tapes
● Video to Digital Kit with ClearClick Video to Digital Converter for digitizing your video cassette tapes
● Photo to Digital Kit with Plustek Photo to Digital Scanner for your physical photos
● Kodak Slide N Scan for your slides and negatives
● Kodak Scanza Digital Scanner for your slides and negatives
● Instax Mini 9 instant camera to take instant pictures
● ZOMEI professional tripod for video or photo stabilization
● Julius Studio Light Reflector for video or photo lighting
● NASA Space Explorer Backpack with telescope for stargazing at home
● Stereo Microscope Kit & Slides for scientific learning at home
● Digital Microscope Kit for scientific learning at home
● Upright Spinning Wheel for spinning yarn at home
● Inland Easy Mark Engraver rotary tool for craft engraving
IN-HOUSE USE ITEMS:
● 3D Printing on a PRUSA i3 MK3 or Ender 3 machine
● Adobe Creative Cloud Suite on 27-inch iMacs
● Yamaha P-125 semi-weighted keyboard for recording your compositions on a DAW
● Audio to Digital station with Audacity to transfer your audio cassette tapes or vinyl records to digital
● Video to Digital station with ClearClick Video to Digital Converter for digitizing your video cassette tapes
● Luminat Light Table for illuminating graphic displays, sketching animations and tracing projects
● Cricut Maker craft cutter for vinyl, paper and fabric cutting
● Silhouette Cameo craft cutter for vinyl, paper and fabric cutting
● Bernina Virtuosa 150 sewing machine
● Bernina 2000DE serger machine
● Tecre Button Maker 225 machine for making custom button projects
● Primera Bravo SE-3 CD/DVD printer to print directly on to your disc surface
● Pouch Laminator PL12A to laminate 8.5 x 11″ copy paper
The Makerspace Studio is an independent recording space located next to the Makerspace. Patrons can use this room to record audio and video directly to their own devices, or use the available Makerspace equipment. Click here to learn more about the Makerspace Studio.
REQUEST A RESERVATION AT THE MAKERSPACE
Patrons must request an appointment to begin 3D printing or use the Studio. Fill out the form below, selecting a “Service” option and “Self Service” or “Makerspace Staff” correspondingly under the “Worker” tab. Click on the date you wish to reserve the service and select the time bubble below. Enter your information and “Submit.” Your request will be reviewed by staff and you will be contacted via email or telephone when the reservation is approved and confirmed.