How Do I Get a Library Card?
You must be 18 years old with a current government, school or employer issued photo ID that includes your full name OR at least 5 years old with a parent or legal guardian in attendance and able to sign the library card application (this parent or legal guardian must also have an Orem Library account and have photo identification present)
- Library cards are free of charge for Orem or Provo residents. Nonresidents are required to pay a nonresident fee of $70 for six months or $120 for one year. The cities of Lindon, Vineyard, Alpine and Cedar Hills will reimburse a portion of that amount.
Please provide proof of address with one of the following:
- A Driver License issued within the last 3 months
- Current rental agreement or receipt
- Any piece of mail with name and current address postmarked in the past 3 months
If you don’t have an Orem Library account and are a resident of Orem or Provo, you can register for a card by clicking here and choosing “Register for a new Library Card.”
To receive your library card after preregistration, you must complete your registration by presenting a current photo ID and proof of current address to the Library’s circulation desk within 14 days. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must be present at the time of registration with their own photo ID and Orem Library card.
- Books, fiction and non-fiction, for readers of all ages
- Videos & DVDs, both entertainment and educational
- Electronic databases and Internet access
- Music on compact discs and audio tapes
- Books on tape and books on CD
- Magazines and newspapers
- Sheet music
- So much more!
- Materials check out for three weeks with one three week renewal. Exceptions are:
- New, high demand items – 2 week checkout, no renewal
- Music CDs and cassette tapes – 2 week checkout, optional 2 week renewal
- DVDs/Videos – 1 week checkout, $1.00 fee
- DVDs/Videos with four or more discs – 2 week checkout, $.50 fee per disc, 1 week renewal
Most late materials are subject to a $.10 per day fine. Videos and DVDs are $.50 per day. A $5.00 late fee is added when an item becomes 30 days overdue. Charge for damaged or lost items is our original cost of the item plus a $5.00 processing fee.
All but specifically marked items may be returned through our 24 hour drive-up book-drop, located on the north side of the Library. For further information, call 801-229-7050.
- Requests may be placed on an item in the catalog that is checked out or is otherwise unavailable. To make a request, call 229-7175 or click on My Account.
- Provo City Library allows Orem Public Library card users to register their card free of charge. The Provo Library website may be accessed at www.provolibrary.com.
- Interlibrary Loan Service is available to Orem Library patrons for many items that Orem or Provo Library does not own. To make an Interlibrary Loan Request, click here, or call 801-229-7175.